Xanax pills may be prescribed for treating anxiety and panic attacks, but the nature of the drug is such that it has higher potential for abuse. The Alprazolam generic is quick acting and works by depressing the central nervous system. As a benzodiazepine, Xanax also alters the chemical imbalance in the brain that causes the anxiety disorders. These effects of Xanax when abused can definitely lead to addiction. Since Xanax drug is used by many people around the globe, some online pharmacies sell cheap meds online which can be fake Xanax. Hence, while purchasing Xanax online, make sure that you place the order from reputed mail order pharmacy like www.exlpharmacy.com, which sells quality prescription drugs online to people at affordable prices without compromising on the quality of the pills.The effects of Xanax abuse
Deliberate abuse of Xanax is mostly seen in persons who have a history of alcohol, drug or substance abuse. Xanax abuse can happen through different forms like injecting the drug, crushing the pills and then snorting them, taking multiple pills, and combining Xanax with other drugs or alcohol. These practices prevent the person from functioning without the effects of the drug as their bodies have become biologically dependent on Alprazolam and can be called as addicted to the drug. The signs or effects that the person may be addicted to Xanax are:
- Altering the method of administering the drug
- Running into financial problems often
- Leading a life that is disengaged from reality
- Changes in moods and behavior that are not consistent with the personality
- Visiting multiple doctors to get the Xanax prescription filled as often as possible
- Withdrawing socially from family and friends
- Displaying behavior that is indifferent and lethargic, without showing care for anything
Patients prescribed to take Xanax and who take the medication exactly as advised by the doctor can still become addicted to the drug. Alprazolam builds tolerance very easily in the body and increasing the dose may be required to feel the drugs’ effects. Withdrawal symptoms can occur when the medication is discontinued without professional medical help. These withdrawal effects make it all the more difficult to stop taking the anxiety medication. Even with a lower dose, the body begins to crave the effects of the higher dose and it is easy to succumb to this feeling. Xanax is mostly prescribed for short-term use only, but some persons with severe anxiety or panic disorders may feel that they are unable to function without this drug. Non-medical therapy is essential to overcoming the problem without being completely dependent on Xanax to cure anxiety.
Avoiding getting addicted to Xanax medication is not an easy task to any person who is on the course of treatment with the drug. But, with help of few Xanax tips available on online drugstores like www.xanaxdrugstore.org and a few simple pointers to keep in mind before commencing the drug course, the Xanax addiction can be avoided to some extent. Useful tips include:
- Never combine Xanax with alcohol as it can increase the effects of the latter.
- Do not share the medication with anyone not prescribed to take it. Keep the Xanax pills out of reach from others in a locked cabinet.
- Do not alter the drug dose or take more than what is required without consulting a physician as it can build tolerance.
- It is not recommended to self-medicate, and Xanax should be consumed only with medical supervision.
- Inform the healthcare provider immediately if you are experiencing any symptoms of withdrawal or drug dependence.